Apr

Cosmo Cricket {Garden Variety}

My new nephew, Cooper was the inspiration for my “Sweet Pea” Cosmo Cricket Layout.

I love the “Garden Variety” Line, it’s just perfect for a new baby…and…well, a garden.

I had fun sewing on this layout (around the frame and to gather the lace at the bottom).

Is it bad to put lace on a little boy layout?

I guess the “boy” rules go out the window because I think the lace shall stay.

Here’s a shot of the entire layout:

We’re headed off to California tomorrow! I’m so excited to see these little cuties:

My sweet nieces, Miss Kayla and Miss Addie.

Tags: ,

14 Comments

• Marla says:

This layout is adorable, I love the big stitches around the frame!

And I hear ya about the lace – I can’t live without it! 🙂

• Sue says:

gorgeous he is so huggable

boys and lace HELL YEAH!!! 😉

• The lay-out is so lovely! I love the picture of Cooper too:) Have a nice time in California!!!

• So very adorable! I love it when families get along as well as yours does. The nieces are super cute, and I bet you’ll enjoy loving them. Have a safe trip!

• Sandi says:

Stopped by earlier today but didn’t leave a comment. Guess I thought you’d be packing for your trip or something. Fab layout and of course you can use lace on a boys LO. That is who YOU are after all and it should reflect your personality. And he’s a wee baby .. so it works for me. Have fun on your trip, be safe and enjoy the time away. BTW … great job on the sewing!

• Jing-Jing says:

You know I LOVE your reversal of sneaks first and then the full layout. I read it in Googlreader and it was like a story book, one image and then next. And since I didn’t realize you are showing the whole thing, I thought you were only posting sneaks so I looked at everything and thought everything lovely and then voila the whole thing. That’s a new approach Christie, very very clever, I’m stealing it! lol.

• Courtney says:

Thank you so much for the sweet comment! It came at the perfect time. The job didn’t work out and I was really sad. But you brought a smile to my face. You are just the friend I need in my life right now. I am so grateful for you and hope you know how much your friendship means to me! I would be honored to be featured in a layout! I love this one! I can’t wait to see Cooper in real life. Have a safe trip! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

• Carmen says:

I think it’s a perfectly masculine LO! Even with the lace! Very cute with the sweet pea theme!

• Keri says:

So loving your blog. The look, the theme, the tastefullll nessss……… and the photos. Lace is grace, why not. Hope you can take a minute and come to my crazy place too. I’d be honored to have you as an S365 follower. Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

• Becky says:

Just bought this line today! So cute!

• Diana says:

So good to see you on Saturday, Christie! Hope you can come back next month for N’tl Scrapbook Celebration at PSB! Love you!

• Patrice says:

Cooper, Kayla and Addie are the sweetest peas around! Your layout is adorable, and don’t worry about lace for a new born baby boy. It’s harmless til he’s at least 6 months old. 😉

• Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am inspired! Very useful info specially the final section 🙂 I take care of such information a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.