Mar

Life Is Good.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I do appreciate that you take the time to see what I’ve been up to over here in my little corner of the blogsphere.

I have not been posting much lately, only because I’ve been caught up in the day-to-day…Trying to stay positive while juggling, skipping and dancing through a busy time in my life.

Don’t you fret for me, I’ve had some fun these past few weeks too!

For instance…I took my kids out to my good friend Barbara’s Property to see her new lambs.

We took off towards here home after I picked the kids up from school one afternoon last week.

As I drove, I watched the city melt into green pastures. There were beautiful wild flowers blooming everywhere.

Who knew this beautiful countryside was merely miles from my front door.

When we arrived at Barbara’s the kids had to see the the lambs first.

What better way to get the Mommy sheep close than to offer them yummy treats?

Barbara has three new babies.  They’re adorable.  Izabelle was so excited to get to hold one.

We went for a long walk around Barbara’s 40 acres.  It was so wonderful  to spend the afternoon walking in the wildflowers.  It’s amazing what a bit of nature can do for your soul.

Parker was collecting rocks along the way.  Check out this fun rock he found with a smiley face (and yes, those are yellow wild flowers all over the ground – gorgeous).

Barbara has four beautiful dogs (Black New Finland).  Three of them walked the property with us.  I shot a photo of Barb with her dogs next to the beautiful rock wall that runs along one side of her land.

The oldest and most noble of the bunch, Rigel:

Barbara has chickens and turkeys too.  Izabelle loved feeding the chickens.

It’s hard to describe how it felt to visit Barb that day.  A long walk is just what I needed.  My time walking and talking with Barbara renewed my appreciation for friendship and for nature.

For the first time in a long while, I lost track of time.  It felt so good…no, it felt wonderful!  It was so nice to slow down and take a break from my fast-paced life.

I will definitely be slowing down more, especially now that I’ve discovered how nice it is.

The laundry, the dishes, the deadlines…they can wait an hour or two while I take a long walk.

I highly recommend you do the same.

Tags: ,

11 Comments

• LMerie says:

What a nice time! What fun pictures! You are right, we all need to slow down and enjoy!

• Sue says:

sounds perfect and I so agree we do take life so seriously we need to ENJOY LIFE MORE

I love your photos bet you can’t wait to scrap them

• I love the pictures. It is nice to see what’s life is all about at your place. It is good to have a break now and then and enjoy the other aspects of life . I also want to thank you for your lovely comments at my blog. I really appreciate this!

• Karen says:

Good for you Christie! I used to think it was selfish of me to take time for myself….then I learned that it made me a better person for my family and friends! You go girl! Your friend Barbara has a wonderful piece of land and awesome animals! I can smell the fields from where I sit! 🙂

• Cheryl says:

What a fun time! Were there any squirrels?

• Diane says:

What a beautiful place Barb has! Quite the treat for the kids to hold and feed the animals…I know they must of just loved it! You needed a break…you busy, busy girl! Barb is such a “cool” person, like so talented and gentle…I miss the annual “Lord of the Rings” party…she was so much fun!

• Teri says:

Man, you HAVE been busy. Love all these great pix.

• Barbara says:

Cheryl, there were squirrels everywhere -wildly snapping at us and trying to bite our fingers! You would’ve like them. Okay, maybe there aren’t squirrels, but we do have gophers and mice! Diane, anytime you come out we can have a LotR party with you as the special guest!! Thanks for the compliments.
    By the way, Christie didn’t tell you about her new veggie garden……

• This looks like a fabulous way to spend the day, my friend!!! I could use a good walk myself!! Great pics, and I love the animals! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

• Robyn says:

Isn’t it funny how we do so much for others, and forget to do for us? I do the same things, Christy. I get so wrapped up in family and chores that I forget who I am, then I head to the mountains for a refresher. Good for you! Hmmm… read the comment from Barbara ~ what veggies did you plant?

• Becky says:

I like Barbara a lot. She is so awesome!