Aug

Life Happens…Along With All It’s Surprises

School started.

That lovely time of year when I seem to have more creative time.

The time of year when the children become subject to all the germs floating around public school.

Surprise! Only three days of school and already my sweet Izabelle has been very sick with a stomach flu.

Poor thing, she’s on the mend now…kind of.

I have put away the carpet cleaner (yes, it got that bad). Yuk.

-oOo-

This paper has been waiting patiently for me:

Lovely My Mind’s Eye paper, I will play with you soon.

I’m longing to do something creative.

Isn’t it funny how I always think that next month I’ll have more time?

Next month always brings more lovely tasks with it.

I am behind.

This includes being behind on my blog posts. Again.

-oOo-

I do have fun news to share:

While I was in California helping my parents pack up their home, my father came across some priceless photos.

We thought that all of my Grandma Clara’s photos burned in a fire several years ago.

Well, SURPRISE! My father found several albums that his mother (Grandma Clara) had made just for him!

So exciting!

Especially since we have a Wolfe Family Reunion this Weekend!

I’m going to surprise (yes, another surprise) my sweet cousins with photos of our amazing Grandmother.

Grandma Clara passed over 16 years ago. We all loved her so dearly, she was the glue that held the Wolfe family together.  This weekend will actually be the first family reunion we’ve had since she was alive.

So, I will be busy scanning photos for the next few days….and burning disks…and cleaning house…and packing…

I’ll be back soon.

I know, I know, I’ve been saying that a lot.

Oh, almost forgot to share,

I made these fun fabric flowers (thanks for the tutorial Courtney):

Love to you all

xoxo, Christie

Tags: ,

8 Comments

• Jing-Jing says:

I love looking at your pile of scrap goodies, my my my mind is thinking i need more eyes 🙂
    Love flowers and I’m so glad to hear that you discovered OLD treasures as in PHOTOS!!! wowowowowoww!!! awesome!!! What a delight that must be for you and your family!

• Sue says:

what a lovely pile of goodies – hope Izabelle is feeling much better – sending hugs xx

Have a FAB family ‘do’ enjoy xx

• Becky says:

That is a lot of flowers. Gimme one!

• Juliana says:

So happy to hear about that wonderful album you all found! What a priceless treasure!

And those flowers! WOW! Makes me want to create some too!

• Sandi says:

What a treasure to find all those old photos! I know I am in a sea of them right now from when mom died this spring. Still sorting ..haven’t even gotten to scanning yet! Guess what ?! I had a a Grandma Clara also. Her middle name was Temperance. She was a doll and I loved her alot! Take care and hang in there!

• Jane says:

I hope everyone gets well soon. Those fabric flowers are adorable. I am going to try the tutorial soon!

• Char says:

I hope Izabelle feels better soon! And I went to Paradise and I spent…..to much lol!! And I saw the cutest cowboy boot album that you made and the beacj album. I was like…this is cute and Rachel would say Christie made that too lol!!! Very talented you are my dear! I’m organinzing my scrapbook room now but soon I will play with my new MME 🙂 Have a great family reunion

• Oooh I just got some of that My Mind’s Eye this weekend, and it is calling to me like candy! 🙂 Your flowers are wonderful. Some that I have not seen before. Thanks for posting the link. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. 🙂 I know I love Halloween even more now that I have little ones. My older daughter has such a great time with all the fun.

Take care and have a good week. Did I say I love your blog? Well I do! I love your blog!!!

Holly