Jan

It’s Clear…

…I’m a terrible mother.  I took my kids to see Marley & Me.

Yep.  I did.

Let me introduce you to our dog, Marley:

He looks a heck of a lot like the “Marley” in the movie.

We adopted our Marley in September of 2007, so we’ve had him for a little over a year (he’s approximately 2 1/2 years old).

Back to the movie…

I did not read the book before I saw the movie.  Big mistake.  Although the movie was very good, I had no idea it was going to be such a tear-jerker.  My poor children left the theater sobbing (I was too).

I’ve won the World’s Worst Mother award.  I think Marley & Me hit a little too close to home for my 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter.  Oops.

Somebody shoot me.

Tags:

11 Comments

• Why!?? How does it end?? And why was it close to home!?! I’m lost…but I haven’t read the book or seen the movie either. Thanks for the heads up…I TOTALLY would have taken my kids to see that!

• BEcky says:

Awwwww….I DID read the book and my friend Renee and I went and saw the movie together…even reading the book doesn’t prepare you for the storm of tears…the ENTIRE theater was chocking back tears. Anybody who has ever had or does have a dog wont see this movie and survive with dry eyes…

Although the book & the movie are both SO GOOD!

• Beate says:

How funny is that? I can’t believe your dog is a dead ringer for Marley and is named Marley! What are the chances?
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I really love yours 🙂

• Jennfer says:

Cute dog! My oldest went to see Marley & me with his dad over the holiday break. He really didn’t have much to say about it other than it was more depressing than the commercials made it out to be. You can’t be the worst mother, because I’m pretty sure that Kat from Sunshine and Lemonade won that award over the holidays. ;p

• Yup, NO WAY in the world will I watch this movie. I do not like to watch tear jerkers. It is bad enough we watched a nature show tonight and this cute little fox picked up 5 yes 5 little yellow baby birds all at one time and killed them 🙁

Thanks for your email, I will get back to you later. Everyone is calling in again on me 🙁

• Michele says:

Oh, no. An honest mistake. I mean, a good family movie is hard to find these days…Even Dumbo has drunken clowns.

• No worries Christie!! I took my kiddos to see this too, and I bawled my eyes out!! It was a great movie about the love between a man and his dog – remember the positive, my friend!!! HUGS!!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

• robyn says:

I had been warned b/cuz my mom read the book and gave me the highlights…but…the commercials make the movie look fun and lighthearted. You just thought you were going to a feel/good fun dog movie. Don’t beat yourself up. I want to see it b/cuz of the previews, but I’m holding out for NetFlix so I can cry alone.

• Teri says:

I am the President of Bad Moms. Wanna join? 🙂

• Cheryl says:

I know how the movie ends and there is no way I will watch it!! As for being a bad Mom not a chance. I have that job already!!!

• gingela5 says:

Haha…ok, not funny 🙂 But I refuse to read the book or watch the movie for obvious reasons! It was probably a little too close to home for your kids!